Saturday, July 3, 2010

happy birthday, u.s.




For me a holiday weekend means an extra day - or two - away from work and, with a little luck, some time in my studio. Yesterday got to be one of those days. I've been feeling great lately about finishing some of the projects that have been lounging around, building slowly. I'm one of those people who take forever to complete a piece. I start. I think about the logistics. I let it sit on the table. When I can't sleep at night I creep out and look at it some more and think some more. Bits and pieces get moved around. Eventually I finish it and hope I like it.
So here are a couple pieces finished yesterday. I hope you like them, too.
There are actually a couple more. Check them out at zhibit.org/suzestudios
Now, on to two half-finished dolls.

No comments: