Saturday, October 25, 2008

one last seattle memory


Here's a picture of one more project I worked on in Seattle. On the last day I wanted to try one last technique for attaching objects. I pulled out a small ammonite I had brought with me, an interesting metal disc I had found in Portland a few years ago, and copied the curving shape in a sheet of silver. Add a little movement to keep it interesting, and - a pendant.

A little closer to home - I used the same technique to attach this polymer faux bone fish carving to a sheet of textured copper. I wanted to use the toggle clasp bars to attach the chain through the chinese coins, but the toggles wouldn't fit. So, a small change in plans, but I think it works. I'll take it to the Talmadge Art Show next month. I haven't done a show in a long time, and need to have some fresh jewelry to show. I'm also going to be taking some dolls for the first time.

I have a lot of ideas for new dolls. I keep laying awake at night planning out various ideas; figuring out how things will work, whether they'll work.... Now, I just need time in the studio to make them work! Also, need some sleep....:)

1 comment:

Marie S said...

This is beautiful and I love the way you attached the polymer clay.